How to cook a whole Chicken on a Kettle Rotisserie
There are very few things in life that rival the incredible smell and flavour of chicken gyros cooked over fire. In this article, we are going to teach you how to prepare gyro on a kettle rotisserie that your friends and family will be talking about for weeks to come!
- 2 x whole chickens (medium)
- Flaming Coals Clucking Mad BBQ Rub
- Flaming Coals Traditional Lamb BBQ Rub
Preparing the chickens:
1. Using a paper towel pat the chickens dry from any excess moisture
2. Season the chickens using Flaming Coals Clucking Mad BBQ rub, remember to coat the chicken evenly for the best results
2. Place the skewer onto the kettle rotisserie ring and switch on the motor, ensuring you have balanced the chickens properly.
3. Monitor the heat and adjust the amount of charcoal being used to ensure you don’t overcook the food.
4. Once the internal temperature reaches 75 degrees celsius remove the skewer, take off the chickens and serve immediately.
Enjoy your flavour packed chickens! Have any questions or want to know more about the products we used today? Our team would love to help you! Give us a call or come in the store!
Check our Kettle Grills and Accessories
by: Michael Wilkie