How to Prepare a Quick and Easy Pizza Dough for your Wood Fired Pizza Oven
Today we are going to show you how to prepare a quick and simple pizza dough recipe that will be perfect for your Wood Fired Pizza Oven.
You require the following ingredients for today’s cook:
- 479g of “OO” Flour
- 287mL of water
- 14g of salt
- 15g of Instant Dry Yeast
1. In a large bowl combine the yeast with the salt and flour and mix. Once mixed add the water to the bowl and mix until it becomes a ‘little doughy’.
2. Before removing the dough from the bowl, put flour down on your work surface to ensure the dough doesn’t stick.
3. Remove your dough, pat it down and then knead your dough for 8 minutes.
4. Once you have successfully kneaded your dough to remove all of the excess air bubbles and you are happy with the consistency. Chop your dough balls into 4 evenly proportioned 200g dough balls.
5. Once your dough balls have been cut, place them into your proofing tray for a minimum of 1 hour. In this time your dough should double in size.
Preparing your own dough from scratch is easy, quick and delicious! We hope you enjoy making your own!
Method how to top and cook the pizza dough:
1.Place polenta on your tray to ensure your dough doesn’t stick to the tray during the cooking process.
2.Place your dough ball into the middle of the pizza tray, squash it down, and begin stretching out the dough from the centre to the edge of the tray. Ensure you go slow and achieve an evenly distributed pizza base.
3.First add your favourite pizza sauce onto the pizza base. Pro-tip don’t add too much as this may make your base go soggy while cooking.
4.Add your favourite pizza toppings such as cheese, pepperoni and whatever else you desire!
5.Get your wood fired pizza oven to temperature then place your pizza on the tray onto the fire bricks. In this cook we will be cooking the pizza for 50% of the time on the tray and 50% directly on the pizza brick. This will ensure the pizza base cooks all the way through and the base is nice and crispy!
6.Spin your pizza 90 degrees every 20 seconds as the side facing the fire will begin to burn if left unattended.
7. After 60-80 seconds remove your pizza from the tray and cook directly on the pizza brick inside you wood fired pizza oven
8. A pizza in the Flaming Coals Wood Fired Pizza Oven - Premium will take around 2-3 minutes. You are able to cook up to 3 pizzas at once however we strongly recommend a maximum of 2 as they do require a little attention to ensure they are spun at the right time.
LEARN HOW TO COOK PIZZA IN A WOOD FIRED PIZZA OVEN
by: Michael Wilkie