- 4 Salmon fillets
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup non-iodized salt
- 3-4 lbs salmon fillets(with skin)
- In a large bowl, mix all brine ingredients thoroughly.
- In a large, deep pan combine whole salmon fillets with the brine mixture to soak overnight, keeping refrigerated.
- Rinse thoroughly after brining.
- Pat dry with a paper towel and allow to air dry for at least one hour prior to smoking.
- Lay salmon fillets on smoker rack skin side down.
- Cook in smoker qt 75 degrees for 3-5 hours.
- Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fillets.
Use light woods such as cherry or apple to ensure you don't overpower the salmon.
Check out more delicious recipes here.
Want to get hands-on experience on how to prepare awesome BBQ from experienced pitmasters? Check out the dates for our upcoming BBQ Masterclasses and in-store demo's in our Sydney and Melbourne stores.
by: Rhiannon Peterson