- Spit Roasting Blogs
- How to Balance a Lamb on a Spit Roaster
- Christmas Pork Roast Cooked on a Spit Roaster
- What is the use of Gyros Discs
- How to Marinade a Full Lamb for Spit Roasting
- Cooking With a Charcoal Spit Roaster
- Flaming Coals Mini Spit Roaster A Huge Hit
- How to cook a Lamb on a Spit for Easter
- How to Spit Roast Lamb on a Spit Rotisserie
- Cooking on a Cyprus Spit Roaster
- Cooking Gyros on a BBQ Spit
- Choosing a Gas or Charcoal BBQ Spit
- The Perfect Pork Crackle
- What You Can Put Inside a Whole Animal When Spit Roasting
- What’s the Best BBQ Rotisserie for you? Choosing The Perfect Spit
- Cyprus Grill Review
- What Spit Roasting Accessories do I Need?
- Turning your BBQ into a BBQ Rotisserie
- How High You Should Spit Roast the Meat Over the Charcoal
- How to balance a lamb on a a spit / EXTRA
- What is a Counterweight?
- Lamb On The Spit for Easter
- How to Prepare lamb shoulder for gyros on a spit
- How to Balance a Lamb on a Spit
- How to Use a Back Brace For Spit Roasting a Lamb
- How to Light Charcoal Easily
- How Much Charcoal do you Need for a Spit Roaster
- How to Get Perfect Crackling When Spit Roasting Pork
- Cooking on a Charcoal Rotisserie
- Mini Spit Roaster to be Used for CUB Promotion
- How Much Charcoal Do You Need When Spit Roasting?
- Auzzies Give The Spartan Spit Roaster The Thumbs Up
- Portable Spit Roasters
- Catering for a Large Party with a Spit Roast
- How to prepare chicken thighs for cooking Gyros
- Cooking a Leg of Lamb on a Spit Roaster
- How to Put a Lamb on a Spit Roaster
- 5 Reasons You Should Own A Spit Roaster
- Mini Spit in Size, but Packed Full of Features
- Smoking Blogs
- What Cut of Meat Does Pulled Pork Come From?
- BBQ Cooking Times - How do You Know When it’s Ready?
- Beginners Guide to Meat Smoking
- What is the Difference Between Charcoal and Briquettes?
- How to Maintain Temperatures In an Offset Smoker
- Start Smoking Meat Without the Learning Curve
- The best wood for smoking different meats
- How to prepare beef back ribs for smoking
- Getting Started with a Meat Smoker
- Using an EZ-Smoker To Cold Smoke Cheese
- How to Smoke Meat - a Guide for The Beginner Smoker
- Want to up your chicken wing game? Wing Dust makes it easy
- How to prepare a beef brisket for perfect smoking
- How to Smoke a Brisket
- Why are Pork Ribs So Lean?
- Offset Meat Smoker - Maintaining Steady Temperatures
- How to Clean an Offset Meat Smoker
- How Does a Pellet Grill Work
- What to Wrap Meat when Smoking?
- What can I spritz meat with while smoking?
- How to choose Smoking Wood for your BBQ Smoker
- How to Prepare Pork Ribs for Smoking
- Pizza Blogs
- What is the Right Temperature to Cook Pizza in a Wood Fired Pizza Oven?
- How to Clean a Stainless Steel Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- How to Light a Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- How to Roast a Leg of Lamb in a Wood Fired Pizza Oven with Bonus Recipe
- Make Wood Fired Pizzas with the Kids These School Holidays
- Baking Bread in a Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Have We Forgotten How Great Wood Fired Pizza Ovens Are?
- Recipe Blogs
- Chopped/ Pulled Beef
- Spit Roast Lamb Recipe
- Lamb Kebab Spit Roast Recipe
- How to Cook an Amazing Whole Chicken in the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- How to cook a Ribeye Roast on the Flaming Coals Mini Spit
- How to cook Corn Casserole on a PK Grill
- Pork Belly Burnt Ends
- How to cook Lamb Shoulder on the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- BBQ Rotisserie Split Chicken
- Recipe for Roast Beef
- Slow Smoked Texan Beef Brisket
- How to cook Gyros on a Kettle Rotisserie
- Cooking Chicken Gyros with Auspit Gyros Discs
- Smoked Boston Butt
- How to reverse sear a Tomahawk using an SnS Kettle and SnS Deluxe Charcoal Basket
- How to cook a Lamb Leg Roast in the SnS Grills Kettle BBQ
- Spit Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
- Picanha Steak Recipe
- Cooking a Whole Lamb on a Spit Recipe
- How to smoke Rump Cap using the Flaming Coals offset smoker
- How to cook Char Siu Pork Bao on a PK Grill
- How to make Souvlaco’s using the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- Recipe for Tomahawk Ribeye
- Smoked Spicy Pulled Pork
- Cooking Chicken Drumettes on Cyprus Grill and Rotisserie Basket
- How to Cook Pork Belly Bao Buns using a Flaming Coals Cyprus
- Smoked Salmon
- Garlic and Chili Beef
- Cheesesteak Sandwich & Tallow Recipe
- Lamb Gyros Spit Roast Recipe
- How to cook Jalapeno Poppers 4 ways using an SnS Kettle
- Zesty Citrus Roast Chicken
- How to cook Korean Fried Not Fried Chicken Wings on a Weber Kettle
- Honey Soy Roast Chicken Cooked on a Spit Recipe
- How to make Beef Short Rib Nachos!
- How to Cook Beef Ribs
- Smash Burger Recipe
- Smoked Barbecue Rabbit
- How to cook a whole Chicken on a Kettle Rotisserie
- Cooking Salt and Vinegar Wings on Auspit Spitmate
- Roasting Beef and Potatoes with Auspit
- Pulled Beef Tacos
- Smoked Bacon
- How to Cook Cinnamon Sugar Apples and Pineapple in the Auspit Spitmate (tumbler)
- How to Cook Gyros on a Jumbuck Spit!
- Salt and Pepper Roast Chicken with Bacon and Onion Stuffing
- New York Strip Steak Recipe
- How to cook Amazing Beef Back Ribs in the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- How to smoke Pork Ribs using the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- How to Butterfly a Chicken
- How to prepare Pico de Gallo
- Cooking Christmas Turkey over Charcoal
- How to Cook Beef Short Ribs using the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- Recipe for Steak
- Smoked Pulled Pork Burito
- Cooking Crumbed Chicken on the ProQ Excel 20 Elite Smoker
- How to cook Mexican inspired Chicken Tacos using an SnS Kettle
- How to Cook Beef Ribs in the Flaming Coals Offset with Tempmaster and HotRods
- Spicy Smoked Chicken Wings
- Chicken and Lamb Mixed Gyros
- Burger Joint Smash Burgers Recipe
- Spit Roast Goat Recipe
- How to cook Beef chili stuffed capsicums using a Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- How to Cook Chicken Kebab Skewers
- Sweet Paprika Chicken Skewers
- How to cook the perfect Lamb Shank Ragu
- How to prepare Smoked Lollipop Chicken
- How to make Greek Chicken, Lamb gyro and Homemade Tzatziki using a Flaming Coals Cyprus Spit
- Recipe for Beef Tenderloin
- How to cook an Award Winning Steak using a Kettle BBQ
- Smoked Meatloaf Recipe
- Honey Smoked Ham
- Spit Roast Recipe - Barbecued Beef Round
- How to Cook a Rolled Pork Loin with Baked Potatoes in The Flaming Coals Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- How to Cook a Butterflied Chicken on a Jumbuck Spit!
- Fajita Wraps Grilled with the Pro Q Flip N Grate
- How to cook juicy Pork Loin with crackling in a kettle BBQ
- Extra time for cooking?
- Roast Chicken with Bacon and Chicken Liver Stuffing
- Korean Kalbi Short Ribs Recipe
- Pig on a Spit Roast recipe
- How to cook Chicken Wings 2 ways in the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- How to cook Portuguese style chicken using the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- How to cook Sticky Date Pudding on a BBQ Smoker
- Wild Duck with Bacon Cooked on a Spit Roaster
- How to make the Ultimate Stacker Burger using an SnS Kettle BBQ
- Cold Smoking Salmon on an Offset Smoker
- Recipe for Smoked Prime Rib
- Memphis Style Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder
- How to cook amazing Pork Ribs in the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- Beef Rib Roast with Grilled Lettuce Salad
- Tacos Al Pastor
- Lemon & Rosemary Smoked Chicken
- Roasting a Pig on a Spit
- How to cook Jalapenos Poppers using our 36 Hole Popper Tray
- Using the BSR Multi Use Basket Large to cook two chickens on a Jumbuck
- How to cook a Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fatty in the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- Sweet Chili Chicken
- Plancha Smash Burgers Recipe
- How to Reverse Sear Scotch Fillet steaks using a Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- How to BBQ Lamb Cutlets on a PK Grill
- How to cook Pork Ribs in the Flaming Coals Offset Smoker
- Roast Legendary Potatoes on Auspit Spitmate
- Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Baby Back Ribs
- Our Favorite Wood Fired Pizza Oven Recipes - More Than Just Pizza!
- How to Cook a Steak on Auspit
- How to cook 7 crispy skin Chickens on a rotisserie in under an hour!
- Honey-Soy Mini Beef Roast
- Buying Guide Blogs
- Why Yeti Coolers Are Worth Every Cent!
- Texas Pepper Jelly Rib Candies
- 5 Great Tools for Cooking While the Footy is On
- Kosmos Q Rub Range
- What Size Spit Roast Do I Need
- How to attach a Tempmaster Pro to an Offset Smoker
- It's Time to Start Dropping Hints for Valentine's Day!
- Buying a Spit Roast For Sale
- Kosmos Q Rib Glazes
- Getting the most from your Cyprus spit
- BBQ Meat Smoker Guide
- The Benefits of Cast Iron Cookware
- Why the Flaming Coals Tempmaster Pro is a Game Changer for Low & Slow BBQ
- B&B Charcoal Review
- Let’s Talk About Pellet Grills
- Choosing the Right Knives for You
- Pancho and Lefty Rub Range
- How to attach a Tempmaster Pro to a Bullet smoker
- Kosmos Q Injections Range
- Choosing a Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Flaming Coals Cyprus Spits - The Best Spit for Small Gatherings
- Flaming Coals Rubs and Sauces
- Choosing a Spit Rotisserie Motor
- What makes Paul Mercurio's new FODMAP rub so unique?
- Are You Ready to go Camping Again?
- What Smoker To Buy
- What is a Kettle Kone? How Does it Work and What's Special About It?
- Heavenly Hell Rubs and Sauces
- Butcher BBQ Rub Range
- New Products for the New Year
- What are the Differences Between a Clay and Stainless Steel Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Try These Rubs and Sauces from the USA for the 4th of July
- What Wood to Use for Smoking Game Meat
- Kosmos Q Wing Dust Range
- Kamado BBQs - Here’s What You Need to Know
- BBQ Gift Boxes are Here!
- Father’s Day BBQ Gift Ideas
- While Running the Risk of Sounding Like an Early 2000’s Shopping Channel Slogan… “It really works!”.
- Putting HotRods to the Test Against Some of the Best
- BBQ Master Class Blogs
- BBQ Masterclass Recap - Sydney June 2017
- BBQ Masterclass Recap - Sydney 2017
- BBQ Masterclass Recap - Melbourne July 2017
- BBQ Masterclass Recap - Melbourne April 2017
- Competition BBQ Masterclass Recap - November 2017
- BBQ Master Class Recap - Sydney November 4 2018
- BBQ Classes with BBQ Spit Rotisseries
- Competition BBQ Masterclass Recap - Sydney February 3, 2019
- Competition BBQ Masterclass Wrap-up July 22, 2018
- BBQ Festival Blogs
- Visit us at MeatStock Sydney 2017
- Movember Wing off Event November 17, 2018 - Recap
- Flaming Coals Offset Smoker Excels at Yaks BBQ Festival
- Movember Wing Off 2019 Event Review
- March Rib off BBQ Comp and Sausage Eating Competition Recap
- Flame and Coals BBQ Battle Event Review
- Flaming Coals Offset Smoker Pulls Some Impressive Results at Meatstock
- Meatstock Sydney 2019 Recap
- Flaming Coals at MeatStock Sydney 2017
- BBQ Spit Rotisseries at Meatstock Melbourne 2019
- General Blogs
- Extra Time? Take the Chance to Learn Some New Skills!
- Why Choose a Charcoal BBQ over a Gas BBQ
- What is a BBQ Competition
- Serving the Community - Wood Fired Pizza Oven Installed at Brite Services
- What to buy for fathers day
- Camp Cooking 101: How to Eat Great Food When You’re Roughing It
- The Rise of the BBQ Podcast
- Flexible Finance for BBQ Catering Businesses with Silverchef
- How to light charcoal - 4 ways to fire up the BBQ
- BBQ Spit Rotisseries Spreading the Christmas Spirit
- How Does Infrared Radiant Heating Work
- Cooking Meat for Moola
- How To Light Charcoal Easily and Quickly
- An Insight Into A Chinese Manufacturing Facility
- We appreciate you! Plus some exciting updates
- BBQ Spit Rotisseries Sponsors Seaford Fun Run
- Rhiannon Peterson Raises $5,000 for Hands Across The Water
- In Case You Missed it - Our New Initiatives
- BBQ Spit Rotisseries - Changing the community one box at a time
- How do multi fuel camping stoves work
- Top 10 BBQ Christmas Presents
- BBQ Spit Rotisseries Giving its Fareshare
- Radiant heaters; The best way to keep warm
- Read how a Lamb turned in to a Goat
- Grilling Blogs
- How to cook juicy Pork Loin with crackling in a kettle BBQ
- BBQ Community Blogs
Smoked Barbecue Rabbit
My partner Tony is hunter and often heads away shooting on the weekend for rabbits, quail, deer or ducks. A couple of weekends back, he returned with a few wild rabbits and rather than give them to the mother-in-law to slow cook them in a rich wine sauce, he decided to giving smoking a go. We've cooked wild rabbits over a spit, but never thought to smoke them.
After cleaning them up and then googling various recipes, this is what we ended up with.
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce
Make a brine by dissolving the kosher salt into white vinegar. The instructions said to pour the brine over the rabbit in a shallow pot and add enough water to cover. Because Tony isn't one to follow directions, we poured the brine into a large vacuum sealed bag, added the rabbit and then vacuum sealed it leaving it in the fridge overnight.
Preheat the smoker to 200 degrees. Remove the rabbit from the brine and pat dry. Whisk together equal parts garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Next season the rabbit heavily with the prepared rub.
Place the rabbit in the smoker and add hickory wood to the smoke box. After 15 minutes, mop the rabbit with barbecue sauce and repeat every 15 minutes.
After two hours, remove the rabbit from the smoker. Mop more barbecue sauce and serve
6x super berries
1/2 gallon of water
½ cup kosher salt
½ cup sorghum
1 head of garlic, cut in half
1 lemon cut in half
3 bay leaves
Bring all the ingredients to a bowl in a large pot and stir till the salt dissolves. Let the brine cool to room temperature before placing the rabbit in the brine. Brine the rabbit for 48 hours.
Remove the rabbit from the brine and dry completely. Place in a pan and drape a few slices of bacon over the rabbit. Heat your smoker to 225 degrees and add the apple wood chips, cook for about 4 hours or until the meat easily shreds of the bone.
For more delicious recipes Click Here.
Want to take your barbecuing to the next level? Why not consider attending one of our BBQ Masterclasses. It's an action packed day including all you can eat BBQ.
by: Rhiannon Peterson
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm
Tuesday - Friday: 8:30am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm
The term ‘BBQ Spit Rotisseries’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is . Our ABN is 24633064311. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
[@config:company_name@] is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
[@config:company_name@] may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We do not retain credit card information. When purchasing online, your credit card information is encrypted so we do not see any of this information. When paying by phone or in store, your credit card details are entered directly into the EFTPOS machine so that it is not written down or retained in any way.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We have strict user access controls in place to ensure that a limited number of staff have access to your personal information
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [@config:company_email@] or by calling 1300 002 771
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please call, write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
International Transfer of Personal Information
While BBQ Spit Rotisseries is an Australian based company, some of the contractors and third party consultants we use are located overseas. To allow these service providers to perform some functions on our behalf, we may need to disclose information to these service providers from time to time. We only disclose your information to these service providers where it is necessary for the services they provide to BBQ Spit Rotisseries. For the most part, these service providers perform a range of data entry tasks and tasks that do not require access to customer information. Under no circumstances are your payment details such as bank details or credit card numbers disclosed.
Simple installment plans available instantly at checkout
Use your existing debit or credit card
No long forms, instant approval online
Pay fortnightly, enjoy your purchase straight away!
All your need is:
1) An Australian Visa or Mastercard debit/credit card; 2) To be over 18 years of age; 3) To live in Australia
To see Afterpay's complete terms, visit https://www.afterpay.com.au/terms
© 2022 Afterpay