Tacos Al Pastor
I’m continuing my Mexican kick this week with another tasty recipe – this time it’s Pork Tacos Al Pastor on the spit.
2-3kg of pork shoulder or pork loin cut into thin (3mm thick) slices
For the Marinade:
- 4 Guajillo Chile boiled, de-seeded, and cleaned.
- 1 Ancho Chile boiled, de-seeded, and cleaned.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of pineapple juice-fresh is better
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of Butcher BBQ Grill Rub
- 1 Tablespoon of Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Paprika
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Salt
Mix all marinade ingredients in a container large enough to hold the marinade and the pork.
Let the pork marinade in the fridge for 4hrs before placing on the spit between Gyro Disks.
I cook this over BB Mesquite for that authentic Mexican Flavour.
Serve with salsa and tortillas!
By: Cameron Davidson